Thursday, April 7, 2011

April 7, 2011

"Do not look upon this world with fear and loathing. Bravely face whatever the gods offer".

Morihei Ueshiba (world's greatest martial artist)


Back to the drawing board today.  It was really frustrating to me yesterday to have my master diet plan foiled.  Then of course, spending time with my skinny-minnie future sister-in-law didn't help.  But, that was yesterday.  Today is a new day and I have to pick myself up, dust myself off, and try, try again.

As I write, rewrite, delete, and write this blog again I am trying to figure out how to move forward.  I am not sure yet.   What I do know is as follows:
  • Karate kata and basics will remain as my daily exercise (along with some other things)
  • The Paleo way of eating described in the book Primal Blueprint will remain my eating style
In other news....I just watched Drew Carey on a talk show from yesterday.  I love Drew Carey.  When he recently lost 80lbs I was fascinated as to how he did it.  He kept saying that he "ate no carbs what so ever".  What does that mean exactly I kept wondering?  Well, on the talk show he described his daily diet:

breakfast-Greek yogurt and fruit
snack-apple
lunch-salmon and veggies and fruit
dinner-turkey and veggies

Drew, I hate to tell  you but you have a hell of a lot of carbs in your diet.  I am thinking a rough estimate would be around 100-150 carbs a day.  He eats a lot of fruit.  But, he is eating all whole foods and it does fall in line with the Primal Blueprint eating plan.  He has also said that he does 45 minutes of cardio on the treadmill.  Again, falling in line with my diet of choice.  Congrats Drew!!!
btw-I weigh 305lbs today. 
Have a great day everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment