Sunday, April 10, 2011

April 10, 2011

taken 4/10/11
So, we will call this my official "before" photo.  It was taken about an hour ago by my husband.  We were outside freaking out the neighbors by throwing knives (Suburbia is such an odd place and I am smack in the middle of it). I know, I am unbelievably huge and absolutely embarrassed to share this picture with all of you. But, I am finding by exposing my shame it is making me want to keep working hard instead  of giving up on my dreams of losing my weight, getting my black belt, and trying to have a baby.  The really sad thing is that I don't even recognize that person in the picture. It has probably been ten years since I have seen a full body picture of myself.  Wow, this is just depressing me.


taken in 2000
Just for the sake of comparison, here is a picture taken of me in 2000.  This was taken at my dojo.

turkey burger, guacamole, bacon
 So, the above picture was my lunch today.  A turkey burger with a slice of bacon and some guacamole. Sorry that is not the best picture, I am still learning to take food  photos.  Not only was it delicious but I feel really good from it.  Usually, I get hungry every two hours but today I have run errands, gone grocery shopping, helped clean the garage, and done some knife throwing.  And, I am only now getting hungry some four and a half hours after lunch.  Best of all I have energy.  My energy level is my biggest problem in life.  I constantly feel tired and like I am going to pass out.  Don't worry I get a good physical twice a year from my doctor and nothing is wrong with me.  But, I just never have any get up and go.  But, today I feel great.  The Paleo diets tell you that if you increase your fat in take your energy levels will automatically increase as well.  That seems accurate for me today.

I must confess that over the last few weeks I haven't been as strict as I could have been with following the Primal Blueprint diet.  So, starting this morning I have started refocusing my efforts.  I picked up the "Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals" cookbook.  In the next few weeks I will be trying out the recipes in it and posting the results here.  So, stay tuned. 

Hopefully, I have gotten myself prepared to have a great primal week.  The fridge is stocked.  I am organized.  And, I feel mentally and emotionally prepared.  Let's see how this week goes!!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment