Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Nov. 2, 2011 quick update

I am still using my food journal and I am still researching the Herbalife protein shake.  My weight is still about the same as it was last week (maybe down one more pound).

I guess you could say that I am under some stress right now.  This week I am having a different medical test done each day to prepare for my sinus surgery on Nov. 21.  I am still getting a daily sinus headache which makes me feel pretty stressed out due to their intensity (no longer allowed to take Advil due to upcoming surgery and Tylenol isn't cutting the pain at all).  It seems to me the stress I am feeling from it could definitely be slowing down the weight loss.  At least I won't have to wait too long to get the situation corrected.

The research I have done on the Herbalife protein shake is promising.  They have a line called "Formula 1, Allergy Free" which is free of the foods to which I am personally allergic.  It seems like one canister contains 30 servings for just under 40 dollars.  Not a fantastic price but if it is something my body can tolerate than I am willing to give it a try.  I will update you on how it goes once I get to try it.

On a side note: I want to wish our friend Joe good luck with his wife's surgery!!  We are keeping her in our thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. I did SlimFast briefly back in my teens, but I have to admit that I never last long on liquid diets -- even those that allow you a "sensible dinner" of solid foods. Usually 3 days is about all I can take it, LOL.

    Good luck with the sinus surgery! I'm having an endometrial ablation done on the 18th, which should just be a barrel of laughs (not). What's up with all this surgery right before Thanksgiving anyway? Yipes!

    Have a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda, good luck with your surgery on the 18th. Yours sounds pretty intense. I will be thinking of you!!!!

    300lbs dragon

    ReplyDelete