Tuesday, November 29, 2011

downside/upside

It is one of those times when things are cutting both ways.

Downside
I am now on prednisone because my sinuses are not healing the way they should.  It doesn't seem like it is a huge thing (will find out more on Friday) but hopefully the prednisone will fix whatever the issue is and help me to get back on my feet.  It is 8 days out from the surgery now and I am not as far along as I thought I would be.  Mostly I am just exhausted 24/7 and I am having some difficulty thinking clearly.  Good thing I stopped all of the pain pills last Monday-lol.

Upside
While I am exhausted and still not allowed to get off of the sofa, I have lost 6lbs.  I am guessing it is due to my total lack of taste and smell at this point.   It is funny how not being able to taste your food really helps you to lose interest in it.

The other upside is that I found another protein powder to try.  It is hemp protein by nutiva. The local health food store is kind enough to sell sample packets.  I will give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment