Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Three pronged attack

Hope everyone is doing well in the New Year so far.  Over the holidays I formulated a three pronged attack to my weight/health issue.  Before I tell you what I will be doing, I have to give credit where it is due.  As you all know I have been listening to my Slimpod hypnosis program every night.  While the weight isn't falling all of me yet, the Slimpod has made a HUGE change in my thinking for the positive.

 It has made me realize some things about myself and how to make some positive changes for the better.  Perhaps the best thing thing it has done is to help me to see that small, consistent changes add up to make the huge changes I want in my life.  As silly as that sounds, I previously always tried to change too much, too soon and I always failed.  This new positive way of thinking has even started to effect my karate for the better!  So, the first part of my three pronged attack will be:

1) Slimpod-continue to listen nightly.  I am amazed at what a positive attitude can do to change your life.

2) T-Tapp - T-Tapp is an exercise program that is sorta like Pilate's but completely different.  I know that sounds confusing but it is a very rehabilitating program that focuses on helping you to lose inches. It is also wonderful for getting stronger and lowering your blood sugar.  I tried it back in the 1990's and got away from it.  Actually, I had totally forgotten about for at least 10 years.  But, after listening to my Slimpod one day I started thinking about it.  I believe it was my sub-conscious mind telling me this would be a good thing for me at this time in my life.  Then, coincidentally,  I saw a program on T-Tapp on my local PBS channel and I knew it was time to do something so I ordered it. My T-Tapp package will arrive today and I am very excited to get started.  I really believe it is going to help my body get healthier without hurting it (you have to see the before and after pictures on the site), get my metabolism going so I can lose weight, and improve my karate!

3) Karate-Not a lot here to report here except that daily practise of karate will get me to the dojo full time quicker then anything else will.  My husband started back to the dojo full time last night.  I am really happy for him but it only reminds me of how much work stands in front of me.  So, I better get moving!

So, you are asking yourself "why hasn't she discussed food and diet"?  Well, the Slimpod has made me realize that I over focus on that.  I spent the last year figuring out that a diet based on the Paleo way of eating is best for my health and I basically stick to that on a daily basis.  The rest is down to portion control and exercise.  I don't really need to think on that any more.  I just need to do it.  Beyond that, exercise and doing karate are what will get me where I want to be.

Wish me luck!

1 comment: