Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Living the Martial Way

My husband and I are re-reading a book called "Living The Martial Way" by Forrest E. Morgan, Maj USAF.  It is an assigned book in our dojo.  You have to write a report on it as part of your black belt test.  We both read it back in the 1990's.  Re-reading it now it has taken on a lot deeper meaning for us then it did when we read it in our 20's.  And, I feel like it is changing me for the better.

The book is helping me to see that much of my mental focus is placed on things that just don't matter.  My time is better spent on doing kata than worrying about my weight.  Perhaps if I focus on doing the actual work of karate the weight will take care of itself? Especially if I focus on eating like the Okinawans.  They only eat to 80% full and their traditional diet is pretty healthy (see Okinawan Diet)

By the way, today's lunch will be home made white bean soup with spinach, kate, onions, and peppers. Dinner will be turkey stir fry.  And, I am now getting off the computer to go practise kata and maybe some turbo jam afterward.  Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment