Thursday, March 8, 2012

funny next few days

Our friend (the wife of my husband's boss) finally passed away this morning at 4:15a.m.  She was an incredible warrior.  Three years ago she was given 6 months.  And, 7 weeks ago when they put her in hospice they gave her a week.  She was small but mighty.  She will be missed by her three children but she left a lasting legacy of fighting hard and never giving up.

The rest of this week and the start of next week are now a huge unknown for us.  Hubby may have to take on more responsibility than normal (which of course he doesn't mind doing for his friend).  We also don't know yet when the funeral will be held.  So, can't say when and if we will be back to karate.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm watching a distant friend from ages back fighting as well... she has three children too, which is what brought it to mind.

    I'll keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete