Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday, Dec. 5, 2011

I was quiet all weekend because I experienced something on Saturday that I had to really think about.  I am having some major frustrations getting better at my karate.  It is a long story and I won't bore you with the details but it was one of those moments in which one starts to think ....I am 41 yrs. old and  I am morbidly obese.  What makes me think that I could ever become a black belt?  I should just give up now.

But, even though the odds are totally against me I am going to keep trying and working anyway.  So, today I am back to the grind. I am going to come up with a work out schedule and post it here.  Right now, working out and practising karate is more important than pretty much everything else.

On the weight loss front something really crazy is happening.  My weight is going down at a rate of about a pound every other day. It is so crazy.  I have no idea how it is happening.  And, I am not posting my weight loss amount yet because I don't want to jinx anything.  I can really only attribute my current success to two things:

1)  I am NOT focused on losing weight at all.  So, I am feeling zero stress.  The level of stress I normally feel over weight loss is crushing so maybe that has a biochemical effect that stalls out weight loss?
2)  Since my operation the only thing I really have wanted was ice water.  I am probably drinking 10-12 glasses of ice cold water every day.  It seems to make me so much less hungry and hydrates me.  It seems to be a miracle cure.  So, if you are having trouble losing weight give this a try.  It is free and it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment