Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday, December 16, 2011

7a.m.
The hypnosis MP3 from Thinking Slimmer seems to be working well.  I barely ate anything yesterday and my time and energy was put towards improving my kata instead of obsessing over dieting.  In fact, I feel so focused on my karate and improving my kata that I had nightmares about it last night.

My husband has been trying to help me improve one particular kata called "Seisan".  Yesterday I thought I had started really correcting the things that Sensei had asked me to improve.  But, in my dream I messed it up over and over again.  Guess I know what I will be working on today.  Is it normal to have performance anxiety over karate?

Quick update-
2:30pm
This MP3 is doing some major things.  After I wrote the above post I went out for a walk before I ate breakfast.  That is new and different behavior for sure.

My husband and I went out for lunch today to celebrate our 12th anniversary.  I look forward to this lunch all year.  I was ravenous before we went.  I order a cheeseburger (no bun), fries, side of cole slaw and a margarita.  I ate the cheeseburger that had a ton of veggies on it.  But, I only ate half the fries (if that) and half the cole slaw.  That is a big deal for be because growing up at my house we were all members of the "clean plate club" and I feel guilty wasting food.  Being able to leave any food on my plate is a huge accomplishment for me.  I didn't "waste" the burger because it may take a while to shake the "don't waste meat" programming.  And, of course I didn't waste the margarita.  I have one drink a year and this is it.  My husband noticed how slowly I was eating vs. my normal rate.  And, the feeling of fullness hit me like a ton of bricks.  Normally I can't feel when I am full.  I have spent years working the Paul Mckenna "I can't make you thin" program trying to figure out what full feels like (not to put Mr. McKenna's work down in anyway. It just hasn't really worked for me).  For some reason, the Thinking Slimmer Thinpod programming seems to be working differently than any other hypnosis program I have ever tried.  I felt full in a way I have never felt it before and there was no mistaking this for full.  Hopefully, this will all continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment