Saturday, June 11, 2011

Quick update

Happy Saturday everyone.  I only have time for a quick update.

I made the commitment to get the sugar (and most carbs) out of my diet 3 days ago.  On day one and two I literally was a cranky mess: bad mood, headache, hungry, craving sugar...you name it.  But, today I woke up feeling really good.  And, my hunger is gone!!  I even forgot to eat breakfast since I wasn't hungry until around 11a.m.  I am also feeling much less depressed and my energy level is coming back.  My brain fog is gone as well.  Haven't weighed myself yet.

So what am I eating and what am I not eating?
All meat, fats, and non-starchy veggies are fine.
I am having one or two small servings of fruit per day.  Usually I will eat 2 prunes in the morning and maybe some  natural apples sauce later on if I am really desperate.
Sometimes I have a little cheese but that is used as a condiment and not as a central part of the meal.
I am drinking a lot of tea:black, green, decaf, and herbal.  I have always been a bit of a tea fanatic.  Usually if I want a little sweetness in my tea I will use a little bit of stevia.  That is except for my first cup of the day, that I still use one teaspoon of honey.  I have an intense emotional attachment to honey.  We raised our own bees as a kid.  Since a teaspoon of honey only contains about 8 grams of carbs and 30 calories, according to caloriecount.com, it puts me well under the 50 grams of carbs per day that Primal Blueprint would have me consume.
And, I am drinking a tremendous amount of water.  It just seems to help all of the symptoms of detoxing.

So, that is it for today.  We are going to two picnics today so wish me luck getting through the food challenges.  I am not worried about being hungry.  I am more worried about saying no to the food pushers of the world.  But, that is another story for another day.  Have a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're making great progress in your sugar/ carb detox! I'm not a big sweets person usually (unless I bake or Reese's Peanut Butter eggs/ hearts/ pumpkins are in season, then all bets are off) so my buggabears are more the starches than the sugars.

    Good luck with the picnic-y foods and the food pushers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda-I totally found a great way around the food pushers today. I went on and on about having Celiac disease and how i just don't eat when I haven't prepared the food. They all left me alone :) I did really well today!
    Starches can be as alluring as sweets. We all have our things-lol!

    ReplyDelete