Friday, June 24, 2011

June 24, 2011

I am happily reporting another day of success with the Paul McKenna "I Can Make You Thin" system!  I am still feeling totally shocked by how much less food I am consuming and how much less I am thinking about food in general.  It truly feels like freedom!!!

I am also shocked by how much I want to exercise.  I did so many push ups yesterday that I woke up in the middle of the night in agony -but in a good way!!  And, I was very active all day with out really thinking about it.

Best of all, yesterday was a very emotional day in our house over some family issues.  Never once did I think about eating in order to soothe those emotions.  I didn't even eat chocolate once yesterday.  That is a huge victory for me.  So, I am feeling very pleased with the results so far.

On a related note, I have been basically eating with in the range of Paleo approved foods with doing the system.  The systems says that you can eat anything as long as you are actually hungry.  It is normal for me to only really want to eat Paleo foods.  But, I am questioning the whole rice issue. 

Brown rice is an intestinal irritant.  Not a Paleo approved food.  Yes, it has more nutrients going into your body but it does enough damage in the intestines and other parts of the body that it is not worth eating it.  But, white rice doesn't have those issues.  The parts that make rice brown have been removed and are no longer a problem for the body to break down.  This is why you give babies white rice formula when they have been ill. This is also , seemingly, why after I have had food poisoning (which I get about 3-4 times a year to varying degree due to Celiac's disease) the only thing I want to eat for days afterwards is white rice.  It is safe from food born pathogens and a non-irritant to the system, allowing me to safely heal.  See, the body is very intuitive if you will listen to it!

But, all grains are bad according to the Paleo world.  Or, are they?  Here is an article about the topic that has me really rethinking things:
http://perfecthealthdiet.com/?p=3855

I will let  you read it and make the decision for yourself.  Please feel free to leave a  comment and/or have a discussion on the issue.  Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment