Friday, August 17, 2012

Longer Friday Update

So, I got through my crazy week having complained a little but none the worse for wear.  As I wrote earlier today, I even managed to lose 5lbs.  Getting through this week was a big victory for me.

How I managed to do this was simply by making sure all my meals were cooked ahead of time.  This became a lot easier for me this week since I am now using the cookbook that came with my Diet Free program.  The cookbook is called "Lickety-Split Meals for Health Conscious People on the Go!"  The recipes are easy to make, cost effective, and chuck full of vegetables.  Oh, and they taste good.  I got my husband to eat veggies and he didn't even complain.  I just ate each meal as it came, knowing it was wholesome and healthy. 

I also practised the 8 healthy habits that the program promotes.  I am working through them a week at a time but it isn't too hard to try to generally keep them in mind.  This is also easy since the Slimpod I've been listening to all these months fully supports these habits.  The Slimpod prepared my mind to be able to easily implement the 8 habits.

Best of all, I am still not eating sugar.  I decided to allow myself to have one sweet treat per week.  Tonight I ate a gluten free donut.  I threw half of it away.  It wasn't as good as I remembered it being.  I take that as a huge success as well.

The only thing I have to do is up my exercise.  This week I only worked out every other day.  I really think if I want to go back to karate and lose weight, I need to be consistently working out 5-6 days a week.  That is my big goals for next week.

2 comments:

  1. Well done! It sounds like cooking your meals ahead of time was a great move for you :) I do something similar myself, and because I'm cheap (both with my time and money) I'm not about to waste the food and effort that went into the preparation... so I'm not too tempted to skip the foods I made :)

    Way to go !

    ReplyDelete