Tuesday, June 26, 2012

5 days and counting

Today is the 5th day in a row that I have not wanted or had a sweet treat.  This is causing some interesting things to happen to me.  The first is that due to very stable blood sugar, I am eating much smaller portions.  And, I don't miss my sweets nor do I miss my large portions.  I am also craving vegetables and small amounts of fruit.  Today, I was in the grocery store and came across some fresh berries that I could not pass up.  That has never happened to me before.  I am also in such a better mood.  I just feel more positive and content.

Now, in the spirit of complete honesty, I will admit that I am still having a very small amount of sugar/honey.  I have one or two cups of either coffee or tea every day.  Over the last year I have gradually limited the amount of sweetener I put in my morning beverage to only about a teaspoon.  So, I am still having that on a daily basis but that is it.  I am not drinking soda or any other sweet beverages.  I just don't want them.  But, I am not giving up my tea and coffee.  To me, they make life really enjoyable and I only partake in moderation.  I will tell you that my herbal tea consumption in the evening has increased.  Still only having one cup in the evening though.

The other thing is that I am craving Asian food like mad.  I am making myself stir fries and having the occasional sushi.  When I was a kid my dad made me these foods because, as he said, that was the only thing that kept me healthy.  So, hopefully without the focus on sweets I am reverting to my natural healthy self.

Again, I want to thank Sandra and everyone at Thinking Slimmer for creating the "Beat that Sweet Tooth " pod.  It is like a miracle for me!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing really well! Keep up the good work! Jennie.

    ReplyDelete