Friday, May 11, 2012

Back to Slimpod

I decided to restart listening to my Slimpod (which I am also now logging on my twitter account).  It seems to produce a very positive attitude in me. And, frankly, with the workout I am doing right now, starting a diet program would overwhelm me.  So, it seemed like a natural fit for me to fall asleep listening to my Slimpod to reinforce healthy eating and smaller portions.

Since I started with Slimpods I have met two people who have been very successful on it.  The first lady has only lost 5lbs in six months but she has lost 24 inches.  Visually she looks like she lost 50lbs.  Who cares what the scale says if you look half your size!

Another person I've met is Darin McCloud.  If you click his name you can read his story and see him in a video (he has lost two more pants sizes since the video was made) and his blog is here.  He has lost a tremendous amount of weight, is now in control of his diabetes, and has become a marathon runner.  And, yesterday he reached out to me and gave me some amazing advice that has literally changed my life.  For now I am going to keep the advice to myself because it feels precious.  At some point I will share it with you all.

It feels good to be making some actual progress in this journey.

One more change I would like to make is starting to go back to Tai Chi nights at karate.  I am looking around for an affordable meditation chair before I go back (it kills my bad leg to sit cross legged for 15 minutes during meditation).

BTW-if I remember correctly Tai Cheng was supposed to announce the winners of their essay contest today......wonder if we will ever hear who the winner are?

2 comments:

  1. Wow I am truly humbled thank you. I know that this time things will work out for you, your goals will be reached and you will enjoy life to the full again. I look forward to supporting you on your journey and in turn it will inspire me to carry on making the right choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Darin. You are such an inspiration to so many people!

    ReplyDelete