Monday, May 21, 2012

What have I been up to?

About two weeks ago, I posted that I was doing Les Mills Pump and loving it.  Then I hurt myself somehow and had to stop using the program.  I pulled some kind of muscle on my hip and it is still very painful.  On a side note:  My husband is still going strong with Les Mills Pump. He is on week 5 and his body is really starting to change for the better (not that it wasn't already pretty amazing).  I spoke to my doctor about my hip injury.  He feels that at my size Les Mills Pump was just a little too much for me.  I really hope to get back to it at some point.

I wanted to keep working out so I pulled out my T-Tapp DVDs.  If you have been following my twitter account you will see that I have been working out very consistently with T-Tapp.  When starting T-Tapp you do a "boot camp" based on how many sizes you want to drop.  If you only want to drop a clothing size, you workout four days in a row and then every other day for six weeks.  Since I want to drop three sizes or more, I am doing a 14 day boot camp (14 days in a row and then every other day for six weeks).

Today is day 8 of my 14 day boot camp.  Previously, I never gave T-Tapp enough of a chance.  I would do one or two workouts and then quit.  It just seemed too good to be true.  But, as of today, I can honestly say that I am starting to see some amazing results.  After the fourth workout, my jeans got loose. About a half of a size loose.  Then on day five I looked in the mirror and my double chin halved in size.  It was weird, in the best way possible.  The creator of T-Tapp used to work with Chemotherapy patients and developed these exercises to get their lymphatic system moving properly.  This is what I attribute my inch loss to at the moment.  I will take inch loss any day.  While I haven't measured myself yet (will do so next week) it is obvious something good is happening.

I've also been listening to my Slimpod very consistently.  I log that on my twitter account as well.  It seems that consistent listening is helping me to keep going with my exercise.  Having a positive attitude really supports all of the other changes I am trying to make in my life.

After the boot camp is done I plan on getting back to Tai Chi night at karate.  Eventually, I will get back to karate. Right now, I am just taking a little detour in hopes of getting healthy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment