Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Notes about diet

I have been struggling a bit trying to come up with menu items now since my food allergies have gotten out of hand  (time to start probiotics again).  What I am realizing is that vegetables are what is needed.  I am not allergic to them, they are wonderful nutrition, and they are low in calories.  So, my thoughts are that my diet will  mostly consist of stir fries.  This reminds me of when I was a kid and got sick all of the time from various foods (I was often hospitalized for food issues) and my father used to only make me stir fries to eat because it was all I could tolerate.  I am going back to that. In fact, I am going to embrace my love of all thing Asian-especially the food.

I must admit that I am more than frustrated lately.  I am desperate to get my weight off and be done with all of this. But, until I figure out what will and will not make me ill getting the weight off can only be a secondary issue.

Aside from food, I am really enjoying my Tai Chi practise.  It is a great warm up to kata.  And, I think it is helping my kata also. 

Hope you are some where nice and cool!

1 comment:

  1. Oh the food allergies and sensitivities are no fun! Stir fry sounds like a good plan.

    As for nice and cool, air conditioning is a wonderful thing, LOL. We are headed to Disney later this fall for a few days. Yay! I would go sooner but as a Florida resident I have done my time sweating it out in Disney lines in the heat of summer :)

    Best of luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete