Tuesday, August 9, 2011

August 9, 2011

Sorry I've been gone for a while. My computer died and the one I am using now is very old and slow.  So, I will have to keep this short.  We have been having a very stressful few weeks.  Everything we own seems to have broken and now we have to get new ones....guess that is just how life goes sometimes.
But, I did find out that I only have an ovarian cyst and not anything more serious.  Thank God!  Sending good thoughts out to all of you who shared your cancer scares with me. Please keep me updated!!
I am still working on getting back to karate and getting my weight off.  Will go into more detail when my computer is up and running again.  Till then hope you are all doing OK!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hope all is going well in your endeavors. I can relate to the constant struggles of weight and other impediments in life that drag us down and keep us from reaching our ultimate goals.

    Mine is also to attain a Black Belt in Okinawan Karate and lose the extra pounds...which I have recently decided to accomplish sooner than later. I find it helps to put BHAGs (Big Hairy Aggressive Goals) in place.

    My ideal weight is 200 lbs. Right now I'm 254. I'm targeting around 5 pounds a week for the first few weeks and then hopefully average around 2 lbs. each week. Twently weeks out is my BHAG and then I can maintain from there...positive thinking and also positive reinforcement will help tremendously.

    My Martial Art goal is set at April 2013. At that point I will be testing for my 1st Dan (currently at 3rd Kyu). That timeframe is exactly 15 years from the date that I started my journey (April 1998).

    Hope you come along for the ride. Feel free to contact me.

    Best Wishes! Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joe-thanks for checking in. My computer died in August so it has been hard for me to get on my blog. But, I am still here and still working towards my goals. I would love to communicate with you but I don't see a way to do so. Do you have a website or another way to communicate with you???
    Sincerely,
    300 pound dragon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe-I think we used to take karate together at spring city karate. I just fb'd you. If I have the wrong person by your first and last name then I am sorry. But, I think we know one another :) Hope to get back in contact with you soon.

    ReplyDelete